Mission: I-CPEN will improve health of Illinois patients by collaborating with other health care providers and patients to achieve therapeutic outcomes with safe, effective, evidence-based medication management.
Vision: I-CPEN is a network of community-focused pharmacies that provide an elevated set of pharmaceutical care services to patients in their communities. The services provided by I-CPEN pharmacies will improve patients' overall well-being and advance the profession of pharmacy while providing documented value and reducing healthcare costs for patients and our health care system.
Overall Purpose & Goals:
- Develop, implement, and maintain, and expand a network of community pharmacies
- Provide quality, enhanced services to improve patients' clinical outcomes and optimize utilization of healthcare resources
Leadership & Luminaries
Jill Woodward, Managing Network Facilitator
Jill Woodward, Lead Network Luminary
Local Network Requirements
Minimum Service Sets
The minimum requirements for participation in Illinois CPEN are the same as for participation in CPESN USA:
- Comprehensive Medication Reviews
- Medication Reconciliation
- Medication Synchronization
- Personal Medication Records
- Naloxone Dispensing Education